Tuesday, May 20, 2008

First Berkshire Week



Our Sunday spent with Brent and Christine was actually Mother’s Day. They surprised me with a small gift of note cards with pictures that Brent had taken. They are very nice. But the biggest surprise was the roses that I received on Friday when we checked into the timeshare in Lenox. Debby had sent me a bouquet of beautiful long stem roses. There were 24 and I counted 2 white, 5 pink, 8 peach and 9 red. They came with a vase and I was able to enjoy them the entire week.

Monday I was able to get an appointment with a physical therapist and will be able to go for six sessions these two weeks, each Monday, Wednesday & Friday. The pain running down my leg is better at times and then at other times not so great. I am trying to walk exactly correctly but that is also quite hard because my ankle still hurts. This is severely cramping our hiking, walking and touring. Bob is very patient and only wanting me to do what I can without exhausting myself. I think there is a little self preservation in there because I am at times very grouchy and no fun.

We did go grocery shopping and stopped at Joann Fabrics for the rings & cording that I needed for my backpack purse. I was able to complete the Christmas ornaments for 2008, made a surprise for our new grandniece Maggie (a classic Pooh pillow and book), mended a couple of more items and then constructed my purse. The pattern was a little lacking at a couple of points in the directions but I really enjoyed it and will enjoy using it. I can hardly wait to make another one.

The kitchen area in this resort was a little challenging but we managed. There was virtually no counter space. They also had the glasses stored above a dry bar area but it was up two steps from the living dining kitchen area. We moved some of them into the cabinets above the sink. We had some rain a couple of days but we were able to take a walk around the resort on a nice sunny day.

We had to check out of the Ponds on Friday so we used some of our Wyndham points to book 3 nights at Bentley Brook, which is right at Jiminy Peak ski area. This helped us so that we did not have to spend 6 hours waiting around and also stay at a hotel. Bob brought everything in from the van and on Friday I spent the day repacking. We need to leave some things in storage and I really needed to sort and repack those items. We also must make sure we have room to put a seat up in the van for our passenger, the first of which will be James in June. I think I have is figured out now Bob just needs to figure out how to arrange everything. What a challenge. Until next week, God bless.

No comments: