Friday, August 22, 2008

Columbia Falls, Montana

We have spent much of our time viewing the beauty of God’s creation and soaking in the awesome sights. This week has been very different. Coleen started her morning routine of stretch exercises on Sunday when all of a sudden she became extremely dizzy. Now many of you probably think I am always dizzy but this was very different. Never have I felt anything like this but I diagnosed that it was vertigo.

After calls to our health insurance and hospital we spent about 4 hours in the emergency room. They work from the worst scenario first so I had a CT scan of my head and blood work. They put a motion sickness patch behind my ear and hooked me up to an IV. That in itself was a challenge because they can’t find my veins.

Well, everything was perfect – no stroke or diabetes. I have positional vertigo. What a bummer. But the doctor did refer me to a physical therapist. Monday and Tuesday I was able to function as long as I didn’t move my head or lay down. My appointment was on Wednesday morning at 7:45. We spent about 1 ½ hours with the therapist after which I had no more vertigo.

WOW!!! AWESOME!!! As I write this I think of all of God’s creation we have been admiring. Now I also think of us who are created in God’s image and of the knowledge that He gives to each of us. I am extremely thankful for a physical therapist who was able to cure the vertigo in one session. (Bob watched and has the instructions in case it happens again).

So our week has been spent catching up on email, blogs and bills. (We had no cell phone or internet connection while we were in Yellowstone). Yet, God is faithful and has taken care of our needs and we thank Him daily.

No comments: