Wednesday, September 1, 2010

June and July 2010

June 2010

June was a busy month. We continued to organize and get adjusted to our house. We bought a TV, signed up for cable (and got connected and had a service call all within 15 minutes). We bought a router and now have wireless internet in the house. I had minor surgery on the 11th to remove a lipoma on my left back shoulder blade. There were no complications and my recovery has been quick. We spoke at our church on June 13th about our call to missions and our three years in Thailand. We drove to suburban Chicago to spend 3 days with friends and watch their daughters play softball. Both Holly and Amber pitch and we were able to watch 7 games.




While we were gone they put in some plants and shrubbery around our house. We bought some additional perennials and just a few annuals. The lawn will not be done until sometime in August.

July 2010

Debby came to visit us for the holiday weekend.

We watched the Warren parade, went to the library book sale and wandered the streets looking at the booths. Then we had a week of Bible school at church. Bob & I were the mission teachers for Saddle Ridge Ranch and we had a great time. It was challenging but very rewarding. I was able to get some mending done and started working on some sewing projects. I began a quilt that I make one block each month. In sorting through all of our boxes I found quite a few that we have labeled “quilting” but they were not organized. I have started ironing, strip cutting and then cutting squares using each box. This way I can begin to make quilts that will be scrap quilts. Since we have had time to unpack and arrange I now have the most organized house I have ever had. I have all of the containers in the pantry labeled and a list of DVD’s posted in the storage cabinet. We drove to Ohio for a few days to see Mavis & DeVon and also had wiring put in the van so we can pull a trailer. We drove to Indianapolis to see part of Lloyd’s family and spent a couple of hours on the lake water skiing.
Nick


Alec


Bob


Coleen



Now Bob did ski but I was just pulled on a tube for a little bit. At least I got cooled off in the water.

We drove back to Ohio on August 1 taking my dad with us to celebrate Eden Franklin's 2nd birthday.

1 comment:

David Glazener said...

Great to see & read all about your trips... keep it coming! Enjoy seeing & learning about all that you two are doing... makes my day brighter to be able to see your blog!!
David Glazener