Well, I sure didn’t post more in a couple of weeks like I thought I would. I have been resting, recovering, resting, doing physical therapy and resting. I have learned a tremendous amount about my muscles and how to use them, including how to strengthen the ones that protect my back. This recovery part is a slow process and can be frustrating for me. At first I was afraid to move because the surgeon had given so many don’ts that I really didn’t know what the dos were. I have been doing therapy three times each week since February 11 and am getting much stronger. I certainly am not going to run any races for a while. My stamina is very low but I am working on that. I have been able to walk up to about ½ mile at one time but that is all and my speed is not very quick. Sitting for long periods is very difficult for me to do. But each day is a little better and I praise God for that.
We have worked on some scrapbooks, done some reading and spent time with Phil, Susan and James. Bob has cared for me and helped whenever needed. We spent two nights in Grand Prairie at the beginning of March for our annual physicals and of course found that we absolutely must begin to eat a healthier diet. That being said we have been able to pack up from Phil’s and come to a timeshare at Lake Travis, right north of Austin.
We arrived on Friday, March 6. That put us a little closer to San Antonio so that Coleen’s brother Eric and his wife Martha were able to come and visit with us on Saturday. It was great to see them again and spend a little time together. We are only spending 5 nights here and will be back in Waco for 2 nights to hopefully finish physical therapy. We really don’t know for sure until Coleen sees the surgeon on Friday. Hopefully she knows enough about the exercises that she can continue to do them on her own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment