Sunday, April 19, 2009

March to April Travel

We did spend a few nice days at the timeshare near Austin. When I went back to the physical therapist they really didn’t want me to be finished so we decided that we would do two more days of therapy during the week of March 15. I saw the surgeon on March 13 and was given clearance to do about anything except for impact sports, running or jumping. My disk is smaller than before and is not ready for any impact due to the trauma.

We went to a timeshare in east Texas near Hawkins on Friday night. We spent a great weekend and went to church in Longview. We got to see some old friends there. On Tuesday we drove back to Waco for therapy and stayed with Phil & Susan for 2 nights, leaving right after therapy on Thursday to go back to east Texas. I got a list of exercises to do on my own. These I have done but not every day. We left for Indiana on Saturday, March 21 but instead of two days we took three which was much better for me. Riding is still difficult and I really need to stop about every 1 ½ hours to stretch my back. The hardest part is I really need to recline, not walk but it is working.

We arrived in Warren at my dad’s late on Monday afternoon and spent until April 4th with him. We stopped by our storage in Anderson, visited with friends and family and met with the builder. Oh so many decisions to make. We picked the outside view and then worked on the changes we wanted inside. I was able to do some walking on many days and also tried to work on my exercises. We went to see Tommy Tune at the Honeywell Center in Wabash and listened to a couple sing show tunes in the chapel at Heritage Pointe. Bob was able to get a spot removed from his head at a dermatologist. We went to a fish fry, to Nick’s for tenderloins and on the last day to a pancake breakfast. In between I rested and sorted through paperwork.

We drove from Warren to Nashville, TN on April 4 and spent a very busy week there. Right now Deb is still job hunting so we spent each day with her. She sorted through her closets and I even got some new clothes. Deb & I also spent about 3 days doing some scrapbooking. We surprised her with a finished scrapbook for our 2006 Australia trip for her birthday.

No comments: