Thursday, February 16, 2012

July 25 – September 3, 2011 - Warren, Indiana

This was a short 5 ½ weeks and very busy. We enjoyed company overnight our first night home. Cindy and Amber stayed the night before going to softball in Indy. That evening we went to a Fort Wayne Tin Caps game with Taylor University alumni and had a great time.
We went to the Huntington County 4-H fair. It had been years since we have been able to do that. And for those of you who know me and my fear of chickens you will be shocked to find out that I actually walked down 2 rows in the poultry barn. We also went to Swiss Days in Berne, listened to the community choir program and saw the play Heidi. Met with some Optimists and plan to join the Bluffton Club in the spring of 2012 when we are home for a little longer. We did get to enjoy some tomatoes from our plants.
We visited with Rhonda and Lanie and of course got to spend some time with Coleen’s dad. We went to see Annie Get Your Gun at the Pulse Opera House in Warren, Church Basement Ladies 2 at Beef and Boards in Indianapolis. I was privileged to go with church ladies to attend Living Proof Live with Beth Moore in Columbus, Ohio. It was an awesome experience. I have studied and done videos but this is the first time I have seen her in person.

We went to Ohio to visit Mavis & DeVon for a few days. We had a great time. We visited, played games and got to see Michael, Tina, Alana

and also Matthew, Melissa, Eden and Kai.

Jeremy got to spend some evenings with us playing games. Bob had help from Alana with the air bed.

We also went to the Air Force Museum and learned a lot since DeVon is a docent there and he was able to give us lots of information.

We will have to continue the tour another time as we did not finish seeing all of it.
I worked on quilting and finished the QFL quilt top. It is now ready to back and be quilted.

I also created a pattern and made a book cover for Bob. The one he had been using for years actually fell apart. I used a new tool and decorated it with a “double diamond” piece.



I completed 2 more lap quilt tops to take to the home.



On Thursday before we left we had a visit from Eric and Martha and also Lloyd. On Friday we went to another Tin Caps game with some of Coleen’s high school class. We left on Saturday for Pennsylvania.

No comments: