We took a day trip to Mavis & DeVon’s for a short visit. We got to spend some quality time with Coleen’s dad and enjoyed playing games. I got a beautiful flower arrangement from Debby for my birthday.
I quilted some Valentine place mats for a challenge at the Engine House Quilt Shop
and made some seasonal towels for the kitchen.
I made a rag lap quilt for Phil for Christmas and his birthday.
Bob & I also spent quite a bit of time getting programs loaded onto our new laptops. We had a visit from Heidi, Shelley and Alec. Michael, Tina & Alana came and spent the night.
Lloyd and Nick stopped on another day.
Bob got an e-reader for Christmas and we joined a club and spent quite a bit of time downloading and converting books. I have more than 400 on my Kindle and I think he has over 300 on his e-reader.
Deb left the day it started snowing.
Bob had left for men's breakfast on January 5 and I saw this beautiful sunrise out our back door.
By January 12th we were packing again. We left Warren on January 14th and drove to Nashville where we spent the week. We stayed at a timeshare but went to Deb’s each night for dinner. We even got to attend her “crochet night”. Deb took me to tea at Savannah Tea House. It was really fun and the food was delicious.
We left Nashville on Sunday, January 22 and arrived in Grand Prairie on Monday. We stayed with David & Jo Glazener and had a wonderful visit. Karen & Ruby came on Saturday. We also got to spend some time with other friends in the area – Bill & Pam Skaar, Darrell & Gloria Davidchik, Burt Seligman, Cecil & Betty George, Bob & Stacie McIntosh (& family).
We drove to Waco on Sunday, January 29 and spent the week with Phil, Susan & James. It had been 10 months since we had last seen them. We got caught up and even played some euchre. On Saturday, February 4, David very graciously took us to the airport for our flight to Hawaii.
No comments:
Post a Comment