We checked in on Saturday to the Marriott resort in Vail and spent the week in our 2 bedroom unit with just the 2 of us. After driving for 2 days with above 90 degree temperatures it was great to be in the mountains. The flowers are beautiful and we love the Bavarian village of Vail, just to see though. I was amazed at what was for sale and the prices. Other than some ice cream at Marble Slab I only bought 3 post cards. We have done a lot of relaxing but also lots of walking. It was great because the resort ran a van to Lionshead and Vail every half hour so we didn’t have to drive our van. We also were able to park in underground parking at the resort. There were elevators and luggage carts. Boy, are we spoiled.
We had been walking about 1 ½ miles each morning. Then on Wednesday we checked in and did our first Volkswalk. We walked 11 kilometers. It took us 6 hours total including a stop of over 45 minutes for lunch. We walked on a trail along the creek, through the Betty Ford Gardens, past a golf course and then further along the Gore Creek Trail. It was fun but very, very exhausting. My ankle did not hurt and I walked the second half without the ace bandage. The problem is I was still totally exhausted on Friday. I am sure that the altitude had something to do with it. But we plan to do some additional walks.
Bob took the van to a dealership and they couldn’t find the problem but told him to go to a dealership with a special ultra sound tool. We have called one in Durango and they have another van right now in their shop with the same problem. We have an appointment for next week so we are praying that they can find the problem before we get there. I believe that it is a manufacturing defect.
I did some sewing, some cooking and relaxed. We even played some cards and used the hot tub. Bob watched TV and rested. We talked quite a bit to both our kids and still keep them tops on our prayer list. They both are going through some special times right now. Each day was warm but the nights were cool. We did go to an owners meeting which was informative. There are 5 buildings here and only three are with Marriott – Birch, Douglas and Evergreen. The other two (Aspen & Cedar) decided not to stay upgraded to Marriott standards and are being managed by VRI.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks you Momma! I love you both!
Post a Comment