Saturday, January 29, 2011

Oahu and Kauai 2010

It was an eventful trip. We woke up to 3-4 inches of snow, drove to Deb’s and she took us to the airport. We left late because the plane had to be de-iced so we missed our connection in Houston. We were supposed to have a direct flight from Houston to Honolulu but instead we went from Houston to LAX, switched airlines and then flew from LAX to Honolulu. We got in 4 hours later than planned and I was feeling terrible. We checked into the Marriott Ko’Olina Timeshare. It is beautiful and we had a wonderful two bedroom unit but I was so sick that I went immediately to bed. I left the condo 3 times the entire week and one was to the doctor on Wednesday to find out that I had strep throat, something that I don’t think I have ever had before. The doctor prescribed medicine for both of us because I was so contagious. This is where I spent most of my time.

Bob was wonderful. He did the grocery shopping, cooked

and wandered around the resort. This is a view from our balcony.

There was a welcoming party that Bob went to.


They even climbed the tree barefoot to get the coconut.



After our week on Oahu we spent two weeks on Kauai at the Point at Poipu.

One of the first things I saw at the car rental was some of my favorite animals.
Actually since living in Thailand I have lost a lot of my fear of chickens.
I was getting better but didn’t have much energy and the weather was much cooler than the other times we have been here. I think I was only at the pool once. We drove to Kapaa one day and found a Mexican restaurant that had really good food. Another day we ate at the Ono Family Restaurant which was in Kapaa also. Of course we ate one evening at Keoki’s which is our favorite, especially the hula pie. We drove to Spouting Horn.


This is part of the path we took to and from the parking lot and our condo.

From the airport to the resort we always have to drive through the tree tunnel.

This sugar mill is no longer used but makes for a nice picture.

One evening we went to the Kauai Resort for a dinner and South Pacific. Most of our time was spent in the condo just relaxing and recouping.

By the end of our two weeks I had started to walk in the mornings and had a lot more energy.

No comments: