Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Home to Warren



We left Alabama and headed north.  We spent two nights with Deb in Nashville.  It was a relaxing time as we worked on some crafts, put up new mini blinds for her and went to church.  I started to crochet some chemo hats for Heritage Pointe to donate for cancer patients.  I also finished reading Lorna Doone.  
We got home the day before elections and unpacked.  The next day was 3 doctor appointments, one for Dad, one for Bob and one for me.  I started working on the blocks for the class that I started in June.  The blocks take a lot of time as each one has quite a bit of applique and I was way behind.  I did get mostly caught up while we were home.  I also made a pair of lounging pants and a robe and did some mending. I made a Christmas table runner and two tea towels for January.  


I spent an unplanned couple of days (one night) in the hospital (unusual chest pain) and was diagnosed with pericarditis, inflammation of the sac around my heart caused by a virus and treatable with non-steroid anti-inflammatory medicine.   I was better very quickly thanks to the many prayers and God's goodness. The doctor did have me come in for a stress test and those results were excellent.  I tried some new recipes in the crockpot - Potato Sauerkraut Soup, Black Bean Soup and Chicken Noodle Soup.  I also got my Thai cookbook out and made some Thai dishes.  We were both really hungry for Thai food and it tasted delicious.

We took Dad and went to Chicago to see my nephew Sean play basketball.  We really enjoyed seeing the games and Dad did also.  There was a game on Saturday and one on Sunday so we spent the night at a Residence Inn.  We also spent the evening at Ron and Cindy’s for dinner and a game of Tic.



Thanksgiving was a big family time with our meal in the Calico Room at Heritage Pointe.  Michael fried turkeys for our dinner.  We had so much food it seemed that we hardly put a dent into it.  



 Those who were able to come were my dad Clarence,  Bob & I, Mavis & DeVon, Eric & Martha, Lloyd & Heidi.  Then there was Debby, Michael & Tina with Alana, Matthew & Melissa with Eden and Kai, Jeremy & Meagan, Chris, Shelley and Nick. 
Mavis & Eden



Alana


Jeremy & Meagan

Dad playing his harmonica

Kai

Matthew & Melissa

Tina & Michael


Lloyd & Heidi



  We had a delicious meal and I really enjoyed the time together and I hope everyone else did too.In the evening we had a sing-a-long at our house for a couple of hours.


 On Saturday morning we had homemade cinnamon rolls.
While Deb was there for Thanksgiving she and I started on another project.  We got the boxes of pictures out and started sorting so that we can get them put on CD's.  We sorted quite a bit but there is a lot more to do.
We went to Taylor for the Silent Night Game.  It was lots of fun and very unbelievable.  We had not heard of it before.  The crowd is dressed up (could be Halloween) and when the game starts there is silence until the Taylor Trojans score 10 points.  At the end of the game the crowd sings Silent Night.  There was a new record attendance of over 2,700 and the team set a new record for 3 pointers, 17.   We went to a White Elephant exchange at church.

Bob saw a new project and started working on woven baskets.  He is hoping to sell some of them. 

  He also completed a couple more quilt tops that we will send back to ILC.  


 We attended some of the programs at Heritage Pointe and sang in our Christmas cantata at church.  The time went quickly and soon it was time to begin packing again as we were to spend Christmas in Florida.

No comments: